Since Sweden is a Schengen Country, you can easily apply for a Schengen Business VISA.
The Schengen Business VISA for Sweden permits it’s holders to enter into the Country, and engage in any business related activities, such as Business meetings, Conferences, etc.
Note: Before applying for the Schengen Business VISA for Sweden, or the Sweden Business VISA, you have to confirm whether you’re from a VISA-free country.
In other words, check if your Country is exempted from using a VISA to enter into Sweden.
If your country needs a VISA, then you should compile your required documents.
Sweden Business VISA
You would be required to present the following documents when applying for the VISA;
- Schengen Business VISA application form for Sweden. Fully completed and signed.
- Two recently taken photos must be attached. Both photos must be taken within the last three months, according to the Schengen VISA photo requirements.
- A valid passport. It should valid for at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave Schengen area. Older passports with VISAs on them (if you have any).
- Round trip reservation or itinerary. It must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. You can use the VISA consultation services like this one. These guys can handle most of your Business VISA mandatory requirements such as flight itineraries, hotel reservations along with free consultation over email.
- Travel Insurance Policy. A document that proves you have Travel Health Insurance for the whole Schengen territory, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros in case of any medical emergency as illnesses, accidents and even repatriation in case of death.
- Proof of Accommodation. A document that shows where you will be accommodated throughout your stay in Schengen. This could be a hotel booking, a rental agreement, or a letter of invitation from a host at whose house you will be staying.
- Proof of financial means. Evidence that you have enough money to support yourself financially during your Business trip in Europe. This can be one of the following:
- Bank account statement – that shows you have enough money in your account for the trip. The statement shall be no older than 3 months.
- Sponsorship Letter – by another person that confirms they will be financially supporting your trip to the Schengen. In order for this letter to be valid, it must be accompanied by a bank statement of the sponsor, no older than three months.
- A combination of your bank account statement and a letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of paid VISA fee.
- Cover letter. Explaining the purpose of the visit to the Schengen Country.
- A short profile of the applicants working place.
- Letter from employer. Meticulously describing the purpose of the travel as well as the itinerary of the days spend within the Schengen zone.
- Invitation letter. Written by the partner company in the Schengen zone, faxed also to the corresponding consulate. This letter has to appear as an invitation to attend meetings or other relevant events matching trade, industry or work.
- Proof of financial means. It must be stated either in the employer’s letter or the partner company’s invitation that one of both parties will be covering the applicant’s travel expenses during his/her stay in the Schengen Zone.
- If there were previous trade relations between the two Companie’s proof of such an event.
- For employees:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
After Gathering all your documents, then you can apply for the Schengen Business VISA for Sweden.
You have to follow these steps for your successful application;
- Download and fill your Schengen Business VISA for Sweden
- compile your documents ( you can see them above)
- Visit the Swedish Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country to Lodge your application
- Book an appointment
- Attend VISA interviews
- Pay VISA fees
- Wait for your VISA
Important Things To Note
- The Swedish Business VISA is commonly valid for stays, not more than 90 days.
- On average, the processing time for a Business Schengen VISA is 10 business days.
- You’re not permitted to work with a Sweden Business VISA.