The Singapore Business VISA is a short-term multiple entry VISA, that allows its holders to enter into the Country for Business related activities.
When you get the VISA, you will need to get a short-term social visit pass, when you arrive Singapore.
This means that the Singapore Business VISA is only a pre-entry permit. You will have to possess a social visit pass, before you stay in Singapore for Business purposes.
Singapore Business VISA
The following are the required documents for Singapore Business VISA;
- Completed Singapore VISA application form; You have to answer questions regarding your personal information, marital status, where in Singapore you will be staying, your address in your Home Country, the purpose of your visit, your intended stay, and so on. You must sign the document yourself. When you arrive at the entry port in Singapore, the ICU could ask you to submit it.
- Your passport/travel document; It has to be valid for at least six months after your VISA expires.
- Photocopy of your passport’s bio-data; It has to be in an A4 format.
- Photocopy of booked airline ticket or travel itinerary; A4 format.
- Passport-size picture of yourself; It must have been taken in the last three months, have a white background, and show you facing forward with a neutral expression. You are not permitted to have headgear unless it is for religious reasons. Even so, the headgear cannot obstruct the face.
- Letter of Introduction; This document must be signed by your local contact or strategic partner and be attached to your application. It asks your contact/partner in Singapore to provide your personal information, the reason you want to visit Singapore, how long you will stay, as well as the relationship between you and them.
- A credit card; You will use the card to pay for the Singapore VISA processing fee. The card must be a VISA or MasterCard.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination (If applicable).
- You cannot submit a Singapore VISA application yourself; You need to find an authorized VISA Agent, strategic partner or local contact in Singapore to submit the Singapore VISA application for you, even though you fill out your own VISA application form, and gather your documents.
- Authorized VISA Agents and strategic partners are travel Agencies that the Singaporean Government has authorized to submit VISA applications. They can submit an application on your behalf through the SAVE (Submission of Application for VISA Electronically) that is available on ICA’s (Immigration & Checkpoints Authority) website. A Singapore local contact is someone you know and trust in Singapore (citizen or permanent resident) that is eligible to register on SingPass and submit an application for you. They must be at least 21 years old.
- You will have to get in touch with them regarding their requirements and application process, if you are applying through a Singaporean diplomatic mission.
You will have to pay your Singapore VISA processing fee once it’s done.
After Getting Your VISA
You’ll be notified if your application has been approved or rejected. If approved, you are qualified to go to Singapore. But you’ll have to apply for the Short stay Pass.
When you reach the Singapore point of entry, you have to submit the following documents to the ICA officers, so they may issue you a Singapore Short-Term Visit Pass:
- Your short-term Singapore VISA.
- A passport which is valid for at least another six months after the VISA expires.
- Sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay. There is no specific required amount, but on average, S$100 per day is recommended. Typically, a credit card should suffice as proof.
- Confirmed return booked ticket.
- The completed Disembarkation/Embarkation card which can be obtained upon arrival.
- If applicable: Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- In some cases: The completed Singapore VISA application form.
Note: If you want to stay in Singapore for longer than the time you were issued, then you should apply for a Singapore Short-Term Pass Extension.
The extension will allow you to stay for a maximum of 89 days from the date you initially entered (not the date you are applying for the Pass Extension).
You can apply for a Visit Pass Extension online through ICS’s e-Service. If you are unable to apply online, you can apply at the ICA offices in Singapore.