A great number of International Business Moguls, have made many attempts in spreading out their Businesses to different Countries in the world, in which you cannot omit Russia from the list of top Countries to carry out a Business trip.
The Government of Russia to this case has set out a VISA type for Business purposes.
People who seek to enter Russia for Business, or engage in any Business-related activities, must get the Russia Business VISA.
This article contains most frequent questions asked about the Russian Business VISA, and the answers to them. It will also guide you on how to apply for this VISA.
The Russia Business VISA | Do I Need A Russian Business VISA?
This should be the first question you should ask yourself.
Almost everybody needs a VISA to enter Russia for Business purposes, but there are some groups that are exempted from applying for the Russian Business VISA, this however means that they can enter Russia without a VISA.
Nationals of the following Countries does not need a VISA to enter Russia for Business purposes:
(For 90 days)
- Estonia (holders of an alien passport)
- Latvia (holders of a non-citizen passport)
- United Arab Emirates
(For 60 days)
- South Korea
(For 30 days)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Macao (Persons holding a Macau Special Administrative Region passport)
- North Macedonia*
*A letter of guarantee/invitation and a Tourist Voucher, are compulsory for citizens of North Macedonia in order to be permitted to enter Russia.
Nationals of some Countries that hold an APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) containing the “RUS” code on the reverse, valid for travel to Russia, can enter the country VISA-free.
They are permitted to enter only for Business trips for up to 90 days, within any 180-day period.
These Countries are:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
Note: Nationals of Belarus and South Ossetia, can enter Russia and remain there for an unlimited time.
What Documents Will I need For The Russia Business VISA Application?
You will need to gather the following documents for the VISA application:
- VISA Application Form; Make sure your answers are correct, then print the form.
- Valid Passport; There are some criteria that your passport must meet in order for your application to be valid. These criteria are:
- Your passport must be valid for at least six more months, after the expiration of the VISA you are applying for.
- Your passport must have at least two blank pages, which do not have to be consecutive.
- A recent passport size photo; Make sure this photo complies with the requirements for a Russia VISA photo. Glue this photo to the indicated space in the printed application form.
- Proof of residence; If you are not applying from your Home Country, but rather from a Country where you are residing, you should submit proof of residence in that particular Country for the last 90 days. Date on proof of residence should be no older than one month. This document could be any of the following:
- A valid VISA in your passport issued by the Country where you are residing.
- Utility bills with your Name and Address.
- Bank Statements for the last three months; Required only if you are self-employed, a Company Director, working from Home, or unemployed. These Bank statements must prove you have at least €115 for each day you plan to stay in Russia.
- VISA Support for Business Visits; Any of the following will be accepted as VISA support for Business visits:
- An invitation of the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation; The invitation is required in original, in either electronic or paper form. You should ask your Russian Business partner to get this kind of invitation for you, at the Ministry of Interior in Russia.
- An invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation; Your Russian Business partner is obliged to request this type of invitation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Russia. The Ministry will then pass the invitation to the Embassy in your Country. Your partner should provide you with the 6-digit number on the invitation. You should present this number when you submit the required documents for the Russia Business VISA.
- An inviting letter from an organization based in Russia; Valid only for Countries that signed VISA facilitation agreements with Russia. The Head of the Russian inviting Company, should sign and stamp this letter. The invitation must be printed on the official paper of the Russian Host Organization. The Embassy may require it in the original format.
Note: If there will be any other required documents, the Consulate or Embassy you Lodge your application will let you know.
Are There Any Preconditions Before Application?
Yes, there are some conditions you need to meet before you apply for the VISA.
- You will have to check your passport validity; If its validity is less than six months, you will not be able to apply for the VISA.
- You must check and confirm if you need a VISA to enter Russia before you apply.
- You must make sure that you possess a letter of invitation or support, proving that you’re coming to Russia for Business purposes. You can get this invitation from the Ministry of Interior or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. You can also get it from an Organization/Company based in Russia.
How Do I Apply For The VISA?
The application procedure for a Russian Business VISA is not as strict as the Country itself. You may follow the steps below in order to apply for the VISA:
- Complete the online Russia Business VISA application form; You can find the form at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Collect the required documents for the Russia Business VISA: Check the documents above
- Submit your application documents; Depending on your Home Country, you may have to apply at a Consulate or VISA Processing Center. Check if you need to make an appointment prior to that. The appointment requirement differs from one Country to the other.
- Pay the Russia Business VISA fee; The fee for a Business VISA to Russia depends on your Nationality, the processing period and the number of intended entries.
How Long Will It Take For The VISA To Be Processed?
The average processing time for a Russia VISA is 10 days. However, the processing can take from three to 20 working days.
What Will Happen When I Enter Russia?
When you arrive at the Russian port of entry, you will receive a card. It has two identical parts that require your information. Answer the questions on both sides. The Border Police will keep one part of the card, and the other one you should carry with you.
If you intend to remain in Russia for more than a week, you need to register your VISA. If you are staying at a hotel, the Hotel will do it for you. If you are staying at a private home, the host/owner will need to register your VISA.
Provide them with a copy of your passport data pages, your VISA, and immigration card.