International Citizens, who wants to take a Business trip to Mongolia must acquire a VISA!
This article is a complete guide on the Mongolia Business VISA application.
The Mongolia Business VISA is a short stay VISA that permits its holders to enter Mongolia, and engage in Business, or any Business-related activities for the period of 90 days.
Mongolia Business VISA Exempt countries
There are some Countries that can enter Mongolia, and stay for the period of 90, 60, 30, 21 or 14 days without a VISA.
- Argentina (up to 90 days)
- Belarus (up to 90 days)
- Brazil (up to 90 days)
- Canada (up to 30 days)
- Chile (up to 90 days)
- Cuba (up to 30 days)
- Germany (up to 30 days)
- Hong Kong (up to 14 days)
- Israel (up to 30 days)
- Japan (up to 30 days)
- Kazakhstan (up to 90 days)
- Kyrgyzstan (up to 90 days)
- Laos (up to 30 days)
- Macao (up to 90 days)
- Malaysia (up to 30 days)
- Philippines (up to 21 days)
- Russia (up to 30 days)
- Serbia (up to 90 days)
- Singapore (up to 30 days)
- Thailand (up to 30 days)
- Turkey (up to 30 days)
- Ukraine (up to 90 days if holding an official or private invitation)
- United States (up to 90 days)
- Uruguay (up to 30 days)
In addition, Holders of a Diplomatic or Official Passport of the following Countries, are exempt from VISA requirements:
- Estonia (diplomatic biometric passport only)
- France (diplomatic passport only)
- Italy (diplomatic passport only)
- North Korea
- South Korea
- The Czech Republic (diplomatic passport only)
- United Kingdom (diplomatic passport only)
Chinese Nationals with a Public affairs passport, are exempt from VISA requirements for up to 30 days.
Holders of a United Nations Laissez-Passer (UNLP), are exempt from VISA requirements, if travelling for Business and residency, do not need a VISA for 30 days.
Officials from the UN Specialized Agencies, are exempt from VISA requirements if travelling for Business and residency, do not need a VISA for 30 days.
Required Documents For Mongolia Business VISA
You will have to submit the following documents when applying:
- A completed Mongolia VISA Application Form; You can find the form either online at the Embassy’s Website, or pick it up yourself when you submit your application.
- Your Original Passport; The passport has to be valid for at least another six months, starting from the date you plan to enter Mongolia.
- A recent picture of yourself with 3.5cm x 4.5cm dimensions.
- Proof of accommodation in Mongolia. E.g. Your Hotel reservation.
- A copy of your Flight or Train ticket.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to sustain yourself during your stay. E.g. Bank statements from the past six months.
- If travelling for Business or with a Non-Governmental Organization: Approval by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Any additional documents that the Embassy or consulate asks you to submit.
Mongolia Business VISA Application Procedures
You can apply for the Mongolia Business VISA at the Mongolia Embassy, or Consulate in your Home Country, or on arrival (VISA on arrival is for short stay purpose).
You need to download the Mongolia VISA application form and fill it.
You can download the form at the Mongolia Embassy/Consulate Website. When you finish filling the form, contact the Mongolian Embassy/Consulate and book an appointment.
Also demand for the list of documents you will have to submit, alongside the application form. You can check the list of Mongolia Diplomatic Missions Here.
Proceed to gather the required documents, after you’ve booked the appointment. Submit the application in person at the Mongolia Embassy/Consulate, or you send it by mail.
Pay your VISA fee the day you Submit the application.
Note: The VISA fee might change, depending on your Country. Also, you don’t need to make an appointment, since they may offer the option of submitting your application via mail.
If you are from a Country where there are no Diplomatic Missions of Mongolia, and you are travelling for a business or official purpose, you can get a VISA on arrival at the Ulaanbaatar Airport.
You must have a sponsor in Mongolia, who can submit a VISA request to the Mongolian Immigration Authority on your behalf before you travel.
Arriving the airport, you must have:
- VISA approval from the Immigration Agency of Mongolia or the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia.
- A completed VISA application form.
- A passport picture with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions.
- Proof of accommodation in Mongolia (e.g. a hotel reservation).
- A return or onward ticket.
You must also pay a fee of 108,000 Mongolian Tughrik (appx. USD 38).
Other Important Things To Note
A single-entry 30-day VISA is approximately USD 50 to USD 70.
If you want to extend a Business VISA, you have to apply for a VISA extension at least four days before it expires.
You can extend a Mongolian VISA by submitting an application to the Immigration Agency of Mongolia, before your current VISA expires