Applying for the Malaysia Business VISA doesn’t involve much procedures, other than getting the required documents.
To Apply, you have to follow the normal procedure for applying for a normal Malaysian VISA.
First of all, you need to download the Malaysia VISA Application form. However, there are two ways you can apply for a Malaysia VISA:
- Find the nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate. Visit their website to learn more about the required documents and opening hours.
- Download the Malaysia VISA Application Form. You can find it at the website of the Embassy or Consulate you are applying in, or the website of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Gather the required documents and submit them along with your passport and the application form.
- If your VISA is approved, collect your passport with the affixed VISA from the Embassy/Consulate.
- Use the VISA to travel to Malaysia and request a Short-Term Social Visit Pass.
If you are from a Country who can apply for a Malaysia VISA online, you can do so via this website: http://www.windowmalaysia.my/
You will have to upload the required documents electronically, but the VISA will be processed faster and you can apply from your Home.
Immediately your VISA is approved, you have to print it and use it to travel to Malaysia and request a Short-Term Social Visit Pass.
Malaysia Business VISA
How to get Short Term Social VISA Pass
When you arrive in Malaysia, you must convince the Immigration Offices you are fit to enter. You must have the following documents with you:
- Your passport, which must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the time you intend to enter.
- Your VISA (if applicable).
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Malaysia.
- Proof of accommodation in Malaysia, such as a hotel booking.
- A return flight ticket.
- A completed Arrival/Departure Card, which you receive at the point of entry.
- Any supporting documents which are relevant to your purpose of travel.
- Any relevant documents you submitted with your VISA application.
Important Things To Note
- The Malaysian Short Term Social VISA pass is valid for a maximum of 3 months and for a single entry. You can only stay in Malaysia for a maximum of 30 days.
- It is the immigration Officer at the Malaysian point of entry who decides how long you can stay.