The Iceland Business VISA is a short stay VISA that permits its holder to enter in Iceland for only Business-related activities.
It also allows its holder to remain in Iceland, and the rest of the Schengen Countries for a maximum of 90 days, within a six-month period.
Iceland Business VISA
When applying for the Iceland Business VISA, you are to present the following documents;
- Iceland Business VISA Application form; Printed twice and signed at the end.
- Two passport-size photographs; Make sure your photos comply with the rest of the Schengen VISA photo guidelines and specifications.
- Your valid passport; With at least two blank pages, a minimum validity of three more months beyond the date you leave Iceland and issued within the last 10 years.
- Copy of passport pages.
- Complete travel itinerary for your trip to Iceland; This document must contain your flight name, departure/arrival timings along with dates, your flight code, and your flight reservation/booking numbers.
- Travel Medical Insurance that covers your entire stay in Iceland; For any health incident in Iceland and the whole Schengen area, with a minimum coverage of €30,000.
- Proof of employment status; As an employment contract, bank statements, etc.
- Proof of financial means; Bank statements confirming you have a minimum of 145€ per each entry, and around 29€ per each day that you plan to spend in Iceland.
- A cover letter from the sending Organization/Company containing the following details:
- Your name and designation
- An outline of your itinerary, the purpose of visit, names, and addresses of the companies you intend to visit, period and place of the intended stay.
- A signed invitation letter from the Company in Iceland containing your name, purpose of visit, dates of the intended stay, nature of costs being covered.
Since you might not get your application done in the right time, because of the steps you follow in the process of applying, It is best you follow the steps below and expect a successful application;
- Check if you need a VISA: Most Countries are exempted from getting a VISA before they travel to Iceland. Since Iceland is part of the Schengen Countries, you need to check whether your Country needs a VISA to travel to the Schengen Countries.
- When and where to Apply: the earliest you can file an application is six months before your intended trip. On the other hand, the latest you are permitted to submit an application is two weeks before the trip. You are to apply at the Icelandic Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country.
- Fill the Application form for the Iceland VISA: You have to carefully and accurately fill the application form, make sure you fill in the correct thing.
- Compile all the required documents.
- Schedule a VISA appointment: There are some Countries, which you will need to make an appointment in person. You will need to check for more information in this regard with the diplomatic body representing Iceland in your Country of residence. In most of the Countries, you will be able to make an appointment for a VISA interview online.
- Pay the fee for a Business VISA to Iceland: The fee for an Iceland Business VISA is €80.
- Attend the VISA interview: On the day of your appointment, show up on time at the place where you will be interviewed. Make sure you have all of the required documents for an Iceland Business VISA with you. The interview will last about 10 minutes. During the interview, you will be asked several questions by the VISA Consular. You will also be handing in your documents.
Other Things To Note
- The maximum time you may be permitted to remain in Iceland with a Business VISA is 90 days, within a six-month period. However, that does not mean that you will be issued a three-month valid VISA to Iceland.
- If you are planning to travel more often to Iceland, and you want to avoid applying for a VISA each time, you can apply for a multiple-entry VISA. Usually, this VISA is issued to Business-persons who have traveled often to Iceland or the other Schengen Countries, in the past two-three years.