Apart from the fact that Guyana is really known for Tourism, Businesses also booms in the Country.
The main aim of this article is to explain the application Procedures for the Guyana business VISA. So, ensure that you read to the end for full details.
Guyana Business VISA
The Guyana Business VISA allows its holders to enter Guyana for any Business-related activities.
The VISA can be issued for the period of five years, depending on the time the applicant wants to stay in Guyana. But if your stay is less than 90 days, you are exempted from the VISA if you are a National of the following Countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda (up to 6 months)
- Barbados (up to 6 months)
- Belize (up to 6 months)
- Dominica (up to 6 months)
- Dominican Republic (up to 30 days)
- Eswatini (up to 60 days)
- Grenada (up to 6 months)
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia (up to 30 days)
- Italy Jamaica (up to 6 months)
- Lesotho (up to 14 days)
- Malaysia (up to 60 days)
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (up to 6 months)
- Saint Lucia (up to 6 months)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (up to 6 months)
- South Africa (up to 30 days)
- South Korea (up to 30 days)
- Suriname (up to 6 months)
- Trinidad and Tobago (up to 6 months)
- United Kingdom
- United States
Also, Citizens of the following Countries do not have to apply for a Guyana VISA, for stays of up to 90 days if they already have a valid Schengen VISA, or a VISA issued by Canada or the US:
- Haiti (for business travellers)
Requirements For The Guyana Business VISA
You will have to submit the following documents for application:
- Your passport, which is valid for at least another six months.
- Three completed copies of the Guyana VISA application form
- Two VISA pictures, with the following requirements:
- Size: 2-inch x 2-inch
- White background
- Taken recently (on older than three months)
- You must be straying straight ahead, with a neutral face expression
- Your entire face must be visible
- No headgear is allowed unless it is for religious purposes. Even in this case, the headgear cannot cover the face.
- No large or tinted eyeglasses or eyeglasses with thick frames which obstruct the face or the eyes.
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (such as a Hotel reservation)
- Proof you have the necessary financial resources to fund your trip to Guyana
- Invitation letter from a Person/Company in Guyana (if applicable)
- Letter of Support from your Sponsor or the Host Company/Organization
- Letter of Invitation from your sponsor or the Host Company/organization
- Business Registration and TIN Certificate of the Host Company/organization
- If you are applying by mail: Mail Order or a pre-paid envelope to cover the return of the documents.
There are two different ways you can get your Business VISA.
- At the embassy or consulate of Guyana in your Home Country
- or on your Arrival.
To apply at the Guyana Embassy or Consulate, you need to stick to these steps:
- Find the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Guyana. Contact them to learn about their VISA application requirements. They usually have contact information on their websites.
- Collect the required documents. The Embassy/Consulate will provide you with a detailed list of the requirements.
- Complete the Guyana VISA application form.
- Submit the required documents and application form at the Guyana Embassy/Consulate. You can submit in person or by mail, depending on the country.
- Pay the Guyana VISA fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. This usually takes at least five working days. Then, you may have to go receive your VISA personally, or they will mail it back to you.
When you get your VISA, you can travel to Guyana.
You need to have the following, if you are applying for the VISA on your Arrival:
- A document containing the name of the company and of a representative of the company
- Address and contact information of the place you intend to stay while you are in Guyana
- The inviting Company has to submit your intended place of stay, and the name of the Business, as well as the nature and address of the Business to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Apply for the VISA on arrival via this website https://doc.gov.gy/.
The Guyana Business VISA is USD 140. A Guyana business VISA can be issued for up to five years.