This particular category of the Germany VISA is a short stay VISA and a Schengen VISA type, that allows you to carry out Business trips, attend Business meetings and conferences in Germany.
Its holders can move through the 26 Schengen Countries, except in the cases when the holder has an LTV VISA.
An LTV (Limited Territorial Validity) tag on the Germany VISA sticker means that the VISA holder cannot travel to the other Schengen countries.
Germany Business VISA
Germany Business VISA Application Process
It is very simple and easy to apply for the Germany Business VISA, all you need to do is to stick to the following steps;
- Confirm Whether you need a Business VISA: You must make confirm if Your country needs a VISA or not.
- Compile the Required Documents: After confirming that you need a VISA, the following documents are required of you:
- The German business VISA application form.
- Valid Passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months before the intended trip to Germany.
- Two identical Germany VISA photos.
- Proof of Accommodation in Germany.
- Transportation / Round trip reservation or itinerary.
- Germany Travel Health Insurance.
- Proof of Financial Means.
- Your company bank statements. These statements should belong to the period of three previous months.
- Business references. They could be either from your collaborators, clients or other competent persons.
- Invitation letter from the business partner in Germany. This document should be either in English or German. It shall include your details, the dates and purpose of the trip with detailed schedule of the business meetings or trainings (day-to-day schedule), as well as information on the inviting business collaborator.
- Company covering letter with entire travel plan. The letter should mention your position, duration of your service, the dates and purpose of the trip and if your expenses are being covered by the employer or not.
- Business license. This is a document showing the eligibility of the sending company to do business.
- Check where to Apply and appoint a VISA interview: check with the German authorities in your country where to apply if it’s your first time. This could be:
- The German embassy.
- German consulate.
- VISA Application Center.
Note: If you will be traveling to other Schengen Countries as well, during the same trip, things may change a bit. Before applying for a Germany Business VISA, check if Germany is your main destination, which means:
- You will spend fewer days in the other Schengen Countries than in Germany.
- You will enter Schengen through Germany, but you will spend equal days in every Schengen country you visit.
- Pay your VISA Fee: The application for a Business VISA for Germany costs about 80€. However, the Nationals of several Countries are permitted to pay a lower fee of only €40.
Other Important Things To Note
- To avoid any possible delays, the best time to apply for a German Business VISA is about one month before your planned trip. The earliest you can apply for a Germany Business VISA is six months before your planned trip.
- Business VISA for Germany is taken within 10 to 15 working days to be processed. In individual cases, when further investigation of the application may be required, this processing time may be up to 30 days.
- German Business VISA entitles you to stay in Germany for no longer than 90 days, within a period of 180 days, since it is a short stay VISA. However, it depends on the embassy how long they want to let you stay in Germany with a Business VISA. You could be limited to a lower number of days, i.e., 10 days.
- If you get a Singe-Entry VISA, you will be able to enter the country only once. If you get a Multiple-Entry VISA, you are entitled to enter Germany more than once to use the days of permitted stay.
- A German Business VISA is issued for participation in business related activities only. It does not authorize you to work in Germany or in any other Schengen country.