Foreign Investors or Business Men and Women, who wish to take a Business Trip to Croatia needs to apply and get a Croatia Business VISA, before they can enter Croatia for Business, or any other Business-related activities.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the Croatian Business VISA.
The Croatia Business VISA is a short stay VISA that is valid for the period of not more than 90 days, and can be extended for another 90 days when expired.
Who Needs A Croatian VISA?
Croatia short-stay VISAs are offered for single-, double-, or multiple-entries, which dictates the number of times you can enter, leave and re-enter Croatia.
Almost everybody needs a VISA to enter Croatia, but there are several Countries that are exempted from the short stay VISA.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- Vatican City
If you are a Croatia VISA-exempt National, you can travel to Croatia with simply your passport. However, your passport must be valid for at least three more months from the date you intend to leave the Country, and must have at least one blank page for the entry stamp.
Unless you are from the EU/EFTA or Switzerland, you cannot stay in Croatia without a VISA for longer than 90 days.
Croatia Business VISA Requirements
You will have to submit the following supporting documents for application:
- A completed and signed Croatia VISA Application Form; For minors, their Parent or Legal Guardian has to sign.
- Your Passport or Travel Document; It must have at least three blank pages, and be valid for at least three months from the time you intend to depart Croatia.
- A photocopy of your passport/travel document; Include all used pages as well as all VISAs, present or expired.
- Two passport-size pictures, with the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 35mm x 45mm
- Professionally taken in a white background
- You must be centered in the picture, staring ahead with a neutral facial expression
- Glasses are not recommended. If you have to wear them, they cannot cover your eyes or face. Tinted glasses are not allowed.
- Headgear is only allowed if it’s for Religious purposes. Even so, it cannot cover your face.
- Proof of Travel Health Insurance for the entire time you will be in Croatia. It must cover the duration of your stay, and at least €30,000 for sudden illness, accidents, and repatriation.
- Proof of accommodation in Croatia, such as a Hotel reservation.
- Copy of the return flight ticket or proof of ticket booking.
- Alternatively, other proof you intend to leave Croatia after the duration of your stay, such as a Bus/Train ticket to your Country or a third Country.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay in Croatia.
- Bank statements for the past three months
- Letter from employer, stating your salary and position
- Letter of Guarantee Form, filled in and signed from the Croatian Legal person/Legal entity inviting you to Croatia. The letter has to be authenticated with the official seal and the signature of the Company’s authorized representative. Your Guarantor must also submit proof of sufficient financial funds.
- Letter of Invitation from the Company inviting you in Croatia, which states the purpose and duration of your trip.
- Letter from your Employer stating your position in the Company, your salary, and the intended time you will be absent from work and that you are taking this trip for Business (if applicable)
- Cover letter, written by you which explains the purpose and duration of your trip.
- If self-employed: Your Company’s registration papers and a Business VISA request letter which is written on a paper with the Company’s official letterhead.
- Proof of Financial Funds; Either in the form of your own personal Bank statements or an alternate method, if someone else if funding your trip (such as your employer/the inviting company).
Application Procedures For Croatia Business VISA
You will need to complete the VISA application form online and print it out. You can complete it here.
After you complete the first set of questions, you will receive a PIN and serial number. Save them, because you may need them to resume your application if you cannot finish it in one sitting. Then you will have to print the application form.
After you have finished filling the form, gather the Required documents. Book an appointment with the Croatian Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country, where you will have to Lodge your application.
Submit all the required documents and pay your VISA fee.
Note: Children under 12 years of age do not have to pay a Croatia VISA fee, but will be required to pay the service fee if not applying at an Embassy or Consulate.
After you have submitted everything, wait for the VISA to be Processed. The minimum amount of time it takes to process a long-stay VISA for Croatia is four weeks.
Other Important Things To Note About The Croatian Business VISA
- Croatia Business VISA is valid for a maximum duration of 90 within a period of 180 days. When you receive your VISA, you will have a predetermined amount of days you are allowed to stay in the Country, duly decided by the Croatian Authorities. Nevertheless, because the maximum amount you can receive is 90 days, it does not mean that is necessarily how many you will get.
- You can extend a Croatian Business VISA, but an extension is only issued if you have a serious and valid reason for it, such as:
- If something happened in your Home Country during your stay in Croatia which puts you in danger if you return.
- Humanitarian reasons.
- Another serious personal reason which is deemed valid.
Documents you will need for the VISA extension are;
- Croatia VISA Application Form.
- A valid passport/travel document.
- Proof of Health Insurance covering the duration of the VISA extension.
- Proof of sufficient means to cover your stay.
- Any documents which support your Croatia VISA extension request.