Make your Business boom, as you take a trip to Colombia.
Apart from the good Culture and Fine nature of the Country, Colombia is also a place you can run your Business smoothly.
Before you enter Colombia for Business purposes, you must get the Colombia Business VISA.
Read this article to the end as it will explain how you can apply for the Colombia Business VISA.
Before we talk about the Application Procedures that are involved, it is important to note that the Colombia Business VISA permits its holder to travel to Colombia for business-related activities, for the period of 90days.
You will have to apply for Colombia Visitor (V) VISA, since Business purpose is classified under it.
Colombia Business VISA
Most Countries do not need a VISA to enter Colombia.
The following Countries are exempted from getting a VISA before they enter Colombia:
- European Union citizens
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Brazil*
- Canada Chile*
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong (up to 180 days)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
*Can enter with only their ID card.
If you are from one of the Countries listed above, you can request permission to stay in Colombia for an additional 90 days. This means you can stay for up to 180 days without a VISA.
You cannot ask for a second extension.
Entering Colombia With Another Type of VISA
If you are from one of the following Countries, you can enter Colombia without a Colombian VISA for up to 90 days, if you already have a short-stay VISA or residence permit issued by a Schengen Country or the USA:
- Macau (up to 180 days)
The VISA/residence permit must be valid for at least another 180 days, from the date of arrival.
Required Documents For The Colombia Business VISA
- Your valid passport. You must make a copy of:
- The main page of your passport (holding your biographical information).
- Previous Colombian VISAs (if any)
- The last stamp of entry or departure from Colombia (if any)
- Passport size picture of yourself, with the following requirements:
- Dimensions: 3 cm x 4 cm
- No larger than 300 KB and in JPG format (for online application)
- White background
- Taken in the last three months
- Entire face must be visible
- Bank statements from the last six months (as proof of financial resources).
- Travel itinerary and airplane ticket.
- Proof of accommodation/address in Colombia.
- The letter of invitation from the Company, details of what you will do there, and the Company’s registration documents.
- Any other documents as requested by the Colombian Consulate or Immigration Authorities.
All documents have to be in Spanish. If they are not already, you must have them translated by a translator certified by the Colombian Government.
You have to legalize your documents through an Apostille stamp before you submit them.
If you are not from a Country included in the Apostille Convention/Treaty, you have to notarize your documents before a public notary and then go to the Colombian Consulate to have them signed.
Take Note Of The Following Before You Apply For The VISA
- Find out which is the nearest Colombian Consulate nearest to where you live. This could be in your Country or in a neighboring Country.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate to learn about their specific requirements and the documents you must submit.
- Make sure you make electronic copies of the required documents (the documents have to be in PDF format).
- Make sure you have an electronic VISA picture that is 3 cm x 4 cm and with a white background.
You have to apply for the VISA and submit it online, via the Colombian VISA application service available on the Colombian Ministry of Foreign affairs. (Click here to Apply) .
Enter your Name, Nationality and Passport number to start the application process. You must finish everything before 30 minutes runs out of your session will expire.
See Steps You Need To Follow For The Application
- Complete the online Colombia VISA Application Form. Answer the questions carefully and truthfully. Questions include your Nationality, purpose of visit, address in your Home Country and the address where you will stay in Colombia, whether you have had any previous VISAs issued or rejected for Colombia, etc.
- Select the type of VISA you are applying for.
- Attach an electronic copy of the VISA photo.
- Attach PDF files of all the required documents.
- Select the Colombian Consulate where you want to submit your application.
- Note: If you are applying from within Colombia, you have to select the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) office in Bogotá as the location for VISA application.
- Select the method of payment for the Colombia VISA fee. See the options of payment listed below under “Colombia VISA Fees”.
- You will be notified via email about the status of your VISA application. If your application was approved:
- Go to the Colombian Consulate to get your VISA .
Keep in mind: Not all Colombian Consulates will offer an online application service. In some cases, you may have to submit the documents and application in person at the Colombian Consulate.
Other Important Things You Need To Note About Colombia Business VISA
- The Colombia VISA application is processed in about 5 working days but can take as long as 30 days if there are any irregularities or missing documents. Endeavour to apply in about 2 months before your intended date of travelling.
- You have to pay two separate fees when you apply for a Colombia VISA, the VISA processing fee and then another fee if the VISA application is successful. The cost of the first fee for Colombia VISA changes depending on your Country of residence:
If applying from Cuba or a European country: €40; If applying from within Colombia or from a non-European Country: $52. Second Colombia VISA fee (only if you receive the VISA): Changes depending on your Country of residence and the type of VISA you are applying for.
However, the available methods of payment of the Colombia VISA fee are:
- Online, via the PSE Electronic Service Provider. You must enter your VISA application reference number.
- At the Colombian Consulate. Contact the relevant Consulate regarding their preferred means of payment.
- Through a Servibanca ATM (only if you are in Colombia at the time of payment)
- Banco GNB Sudameris in Bogotá (only if you are in Colombia at the time of payment)
- You can apply for an extension of your Colombian VISA at the Immigration Authorities (Migración Colombia) nearest to where you are staying in Colombia. There are Immigration centres in most major cities.
- Colombia Visitor VISAs are issued for up to 90 days. In certain cases, they can be issued for longer than 90 days, but no more than two years.
- You cannot work with Colombia Visitor VISA