The China Business VISA, also known as the M VISA is issued to foreigners coming for commercial and trade activities, such as attending trade fairs, visiting clients and factories, negotiating with clients, and signing contracts in China.
The validity period of the China Business VISA is three months in most cases, while the allowed duration of stay is usually 30 days, and can be longer, depending on applicants’ personal cases.
However, for Canada, Argentina, and US citizens, they can even get a 10-year China business VISA.
China Business VISA
You should be sure that the following documents are in place, before applying for the Chinese Business VISA, as they’ll be needed for the application;
- Valid passport, with at least six months of remaining validity, and more than one blank VISA page; and a copy of the information page.
- A completed typewritten application form, with a recently-taken color photo glued to, or stapled on. (Download China Business VISA Application Form).
- Proof of Legal stay or residence, if you are applying from a third Country.
- China Business VISA Invitation Letter: According to China M VISA rules, one of the following is required:
- Invitation letter issued by a Chinese business or trade partner.
- Invitation letter or confirmation letter of invitation issued by duly authorized Chinese institutes or relevant units.
- Invitation letter of a trade fair.
The China invitation letter for Business VISA should cover: The applicant’s information including full name, birth date, passport number, etc.;
Information about the intended Business visit, including purpose, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, etc.;
Information about the inviter including name, contact number, address, signature, official stamp, etc.
Submit your application for the Chinese Business VISA, to the Consular office of Chinese Embassies or Consulates in person, or ask someone else (such as your friends, relatives) or entrust an Agency to do so on your behalf.
The power of an Attorney is not required.
For the China Business VISA, UK, or in some Countries like Singapore, India, and Australia, you need to submit the application to the CVASC (Chinese VISA Application Center).
Note: The Normal processing time is 4 (four) working days. But the express service and rush service are available, if you want to collect your VISA earlier.
Express Service: 2-3 working days processing; extra US$ 20 will be charged.
Rush Service: 1 working day processing; extra US$ 30 will be charged.
The Chinese Business VISA Fee
|China X VISA Types|
|US Citizens||Canadian Citizens||UK Citizens|
|Single Entry||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 109.5|
|Double Entries||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 139.5|
|Multi entries for six months||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 169. 5|
|multi entries for 12 or more.||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 229. 5|
Chinese Business VISA Extension
After entering China, if the duration of stay cannot cover your trip, it’s possible to go to the local exit and entry administration, to apply for the China Business VISA extension, at least seven days before the original M VISA expires.
Usually it costs CNY 168 for a single extension.