It is possible for you to run your Business smoothly in Brazil, but you must get a VISA before you enter Brazil and run your business.
The purpose of this article is to explain how you can get the Brazil Business VISA, and also the requirements for Application.
Holders of this kind of VISA are permitted to enter Brazil for Business-related activities only. This includes attending meetings, negotiations, reporting (for journalists), signing contracts, as well as for the crew of an airplane or ship.
Brazil Business VISA
Before you apply for Brazil Business VISA, you should confirm if your Country is a VISA-free Country or not.
In other words, you have to check if your Country needs a VISA to enter Brazil or not.
The following are the required documents for the Brazil Business VISA;
- Your passport must be valid for at least another six months and with at least two blank VISA pages.
- The Brazil VISA Application Form Receipt.
- Passport-size picture.
- A return-flight ticket.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay. For example, Bank statements from the past three months.
- Proof of employment status:
- If employed: Letter from your employer, stating your name, position, salary, how long you have worked there, etc.
- If self-employed: Notarized affidavit, tax assessment.
- Proof of accommodation in Brazil, such as a Hotel reservation or a letter of invitation (if you are staying with friends/family).
- Letter of invitation from the Company in Brazil.
- Letter from your employer explaining the reason behind your visit.
Note: you should meet up with the Brazil VISA photo standard requirements;
- Dimensions: 4cm x 5cm (or 2-inch x 2 inch)
- Taken within the last six months
- Taken in front of a white and plain background
- You must be centered in the picture and staring straight at the camera
- Your face must be fully visible
- You must have a neutral facial expression
- There must not be any reflections, shadows or glares in the picture
- You cannot wear any head-gear unless it is for religious purposes. Even so, make sure it does not cover your face.
- You cannot wear eyeglasses with thick rims, that are tinted, too large, or not prescribed.
- For young children/babies: They must be alone in the picture (no one should be holding them and there can be no toys)
Application Procedures For The Brazil Business VISA
- Find the nearest Brazil Embassy/Consulate. It can be in your Country or a neighboring Country.
- Contact them to learn about their requirements, and what documents you need.
- Make a VISA appointment.
- Some Embassies/Consulates allow you to do this online.
- Collect the required documents for the Brazil VISA application.
- Complete the online Brazil VISA Application Form. Answer all the questions and attach electronic copies of the required documents and your VISA photo.
- You will also receive a confirmation number.
- Print the “Receipt” of the Brazil VISA Application Form and attach the VISA photo to the designated spot.
- Show up on the date of your appointment and hand in your application form and the original documents to the Consular staff. Alternatively, you may be able to send the documents to them through the mail.
- Pay the Brazil VISA fee. The preferred method of payment changes depending on the country and specific Embassy/Consulate. However, the VISA fee is US$ 80,00
- Wait for the VISA application to process. Once that happens, the Consular staff will notify you about the outcome of your application, and you have to go back and receive your VISA. If you applied by mail, you will receive the Brazil VISA by mail as well.