For the A to Z Knowledge about Belgium Business VISA, and how to get it ready, do well to read this article to the end, as it explains the different steps you need to take, for a successful VISA application.
Belgium Business VISA
The fact that Over 1 million Business Men and Women, have been entering and exiting Belgium for Business purpose, or any Business-related activities, cannot be overemphasized.
Apart from being a very beautiful Country that attracts Tourist, Belgium is also a developed Country that attracts Business Moguls.
To that cause, for you to enter Belgium for Business, you must get a Belgian Business VISA.
It is very important to note that since Belgium is a Schengen Country, anybody that is visiting Belgium for a short stay must apply for Schengen short stay VISA for Belgium.
Therefore, if you’re traveling to Belgium for Business or any Business-related activity, you must apply for the Schengen Business VISA for Belgium.
The Schengen Business VISA for Belgium is valid for 90 days within a 180-day stay.
You must know that, there are some Countries that are exempted from the Schengen VISA, this implies that they have free entry into any Schengen Countries.
All EU and EEA Countries do no need a VISA to enter any Schengen Country.
And the following are some of the countries that are exempted from the VISA application process;
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina*
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Holy See (Vatican City State)
- Hong Kong S.A.R***
- Macao S.A.R***
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia*
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
* VISA-free regime applies to citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro and Serbia only if they are holders of biometric passports.
** VISA-free regime applies to holders of passports issued by Taiwan only if their passport contains an identity card number.
*** VISA-free regime applies only to holders of a “Hong Kong Special Administrative Region” passport.
*** VISA-free regime applies only to holders of a “Região Administrativa Especial de Macau” passport.
Check Out List Of Countries That Need The Belgium VISA
We have provided you with a list of Countries that need to apply for the Schengen VISA. They include;
- New Guinea
- Palestinian Authority
- Sao Tome And Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Burkina Faso
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic Lebanon
- Cote D’ivoire
- Malawi Togo
- Dem. Rep. Of Congo
- Djibouti Mauritania
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana’s
You will have to gather the following documents:
- Belgium VISA application form; Fully completed, printed and signed at the end.
- Two identical photos; The photographs should be no older than three months and taken according to the Belgium VISA photograph requirements & specifications.
- Your passport; It should contain at least two blank pages, in order to be able to affix the Belgium VISA sticker. Check the validity of your passport before you apply, since it must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date you exit Belgium (Schengen territory). It must be no older than 10 years, as well.
- Copies of your previous VISAs (if applicable).
- Language Preference Form; Belgian Authorities offer to you the opportunity to choose, in which of the three National Languages of Belgium you wish your application to be treated (French, German or Dutch). On the other hand, if you choose to complete the application in English, please choose “no preference”.
- A cover letter; In which you explain why you wish to visit Belgium, and you give further details on your trip.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary; Containing the dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from Belgium (Schengen area).
- Schengen Travel Insurance; You are required to submit a document, which confirms that you have purchased Travel Insurance for Belgium, and the whole territory of Schengen, with a minimum €30,000 coverage for Medical emergencies, and repatriation in case of death.
- Proof of Accommodation; A document that shows where you will stay in Belgium. I.e. Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Belgium. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Belgium!
- Proof of Civil Status; This could be a Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Invitation letter from the Belgian Company you will be visiting and their details and address, accompanied with the dates of your visit.
- A certificate from your Employer; In this letter should be stated why you will be travelling to Belgium, and that your Employer permits you to leave throughout that period.
- Business Bank statement; Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association. It should be submitted in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Proof of Trip Financing; Regarding your expenses during your whole stay in Belgium, either the employer or the partner Company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Belgium; According to the Belgian Immigration Office, a traveler has to attest possessing €95 per day if staying in a hotel, and €45 when planning to get accommodated by cheaper means.
Belgium VISA Requirements Based On Your Employment Status
Additionally, you will need to provide the Embassy/Consulate, with documents that prove you meet Belgium VISA requirements, based on your employment status:
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the Employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your Business License
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a Student:
- Proof of enrolment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- If Retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Proof of regular income generated by property, for the last 6 months
Belgium VISA Requirements For Minors
Additional Belgium VISA requirements for minors wishing to visit Belgium for short-stays are as follows:
- Birth certificate of the Minor traveling to Belgium
- Belgium application form signed by both Parents.
- Family court order – in cases where only one Parent has full custody over the Child.
- Certified copies of ID / passport of both Parents.
- A notarized Parental authorization to travel to Belgium, signed by both Parents/Guardians if the minor will be traveling alone.
Keep In Mind: When applying at the Belgian Embassy/Consulate, the Guardian or Parent should accompany their under-age children.
The Schengen Business VISA can be extended for another 90 days once it is expired.
Application Procedures For Schengen Business VISA For Belgium
There are Steps you will have to follow, in order to get the VISA ready.
- Complete the VISA application form: The first thing you need to do is to download the Schengen VISA application form for Belgium, in a PDF, fill and complete it, choose the right Belgium VISA type pertaining to your purpose of Travel.
- Find out Where to Apply for the VISA: After completing the form, proceed to find out Where to apply for the VISA. You can apply at the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country, or any authorized VISA application center outscored by Belgium. If there’s none in your Home Country, then you will have to check the nearest one in your neighboring Country.
- Book an appointment and Collect the Required Documents: After knowing where to Apply, book an appointment with the Embassy or Consulate. Gather your documents (you can see the list of documents above) and prepare to submit them.
- Attend The VISA interview: You will have to attend the VISA interview, the Interviewer will only ask you questions about your background, and purpose of Travel.
- Submit Application: You will Submit your application on the day of the interview alongside the documents.
- Pay your VISA fee as well. The Belgium VISA fees are;
- Belgium VISA for adult travelers – 80 Euros
- Belgium VISA for children (6 – 12 years) – 40 Euros
- Belgium VISAs for children (under 6 years) – FREE.
- Wait for the VISA to be Processed: After you have submitted your application, you will have to wait for your VISA to be Processed. The processing time for Belgium Schengen VISA may take up to 15 or more depending on the number of applications the embassy or consulate has to process.
Important Notice for U.S. Citizens
U.S. Citizens don’t need to obtain a Belgium VISA, when traveling to Belgium for up to 90 days for Tourism and Business purposes. However, US Nationals are required to hold a US Passport, which should be valid for at least 3 months beyond the period of their stay in Belgium.