Australia Business VISA
You can start your Business and make it grow in Australia. With the Austslian Temporary Business Innovation VISA, you can:
- operate a new or existing business in Australia
- bring eligible members of your family with you
- apply for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) VISA (subclass 888) Business Innovation stream .
Up to 4 years and 3 months.
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.
Before you qualify to apply for the Australia Business VISA, you must fulfil the following;
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government Agency, before being invited to apply for this VISA. The State or Territory Government Agency that nominates you must not withdraw their nomination after you apply, or we will be unable to grant you a VISA.
- For 2 out of 4 fiscal years immediately before you receive an invitation to apply, you must have had an ownership stake in 1 or 2 businesses that had at least AUD500,000 turnover in each of those 2 years. Whether you have 1 or 2 businesses, you must own at least:
- 51%, of the total value of the business if the business has a turnover of less than AUD400,000 per year
- 30%, of the total value of the business if the business has a turnover of AUD400,000 or more per year, or
- 10%, of the total value of the business if the business is operated by a publicly listed Company.
If your business provides professional, technical or trade services, you must have spent less than half your time providing those services, rather than general management of the business.
- When you are invited to apply for this VISA, you, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800,000. Your funds must be available to transfer to Australia within 2 years of us granting the VISA.
- You must score at least 65 points on the points test. You can get points for many reasons, including your:
- English language ability
- business experience
- net personal and business assets
- business turnover
- special endorsement
- You must have a successful Business career and a genuine desire to continuously own and manage a Business in Australia.
- You will not receive an invitation if you are aged 55 or older at the time of the invitation to apply for the VISA. If you are older, a State or Territory might invite you to apply for this VISA if your business will be of exceptional economic benefit.
- You and your partner must have had no history of involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
- All applicants aged 18 or over at the time of application must either have at least functional English or you will be asked to pay the second instalment of the VISA application charge.
- You and any family members who apply for the VISA with you must meet the Australian health requirement. Family members who are not coming to Australia might also meet the health requirement.
- You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the VISA with you must meet the Aussie character requirement. Family members who are not coming to Australia must also have to meet our meet their character requirement.
- If you and your family members who have applied for the VISA are 18 years of age or older at the time of application, you and your family members must:
- have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia book
- sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
- If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or have an approved arrangement in place to pay it back.
- You might not be eligible for this VISA if you have had a VISA cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
Application Procedures For The Australia Business VISA
After you’ve met the conditions before you’re qualified to apply, you should follow these steps for a successful VISA Application.
- Step 1: Before you apply. You must give us an Expression of Interest (EOI), be nominated by a State or Territory, and then be invited to apply.
- Step 2: Gather your documents. You will need to prove your identity, and provide documents about your Business and assets. You also need to provide documents about family members applying with you.
- Step 3: Apply for the VISA. Apply for this VISA online in ImmiAccount. You must be invited to apply. Your invitation letter contains instructions on how to lodge your application.
- Step 4: After you apply. The Aussie government will let you know when they have received your application.
- Step 5: VISA outcome. The Aussie government will let you know in writing our decision about your VISA application. If they grant you the VISA, they will tell you:
- your VISA grant number
- the date your VISA starts
- your VISA conditions
- Keep a copy of this with you when in Australia.
Note: If they refuse your VISA, they will tell you why they refused and whether you have a right to a review of the decision. They will not refund the application charge if they refuse your application. You can check full details on the steps taken to apply for the Aussie Temporary Business VISA.
Other Important Things To Note About The Australia Business VISA
- You must genuinely have a realistic commitment to:
- maintain substantial ownership interest in a business in Australia
- participate in the day-to-day management and decision-making of that business
In the Business, you must do at least one of these things:
- develop Business links with International markets
- employ people in Australia
- export Australian goods
- produce goods or services that would otherwise be imported
- introduce new or improved technology, or
- add to commercial activity and competitiveness within the Australian economy
During your stay, we might survey you about your business activities in Australia.
- If you operate a Business in Australia, you must comply with workplace laws.
- If you need more time to apply for permanent residence, you can apply for a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) VISA (subclass 188) Business Innovation Extension stream to extend your stay in Australia. You can only be granted this VISA once. If you are granted this VISA, it will be valid for 6 years after the date of the grant of the original provisional VISA held at the time of application. The extra time gives you time to qualify for a Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) VISA (subclass 888) Business Innovation stream.
- On reaching the Australia, you must complete and get your Incoming Passenger Card (IPC) at the border.
- To prove you have a VISA and show your conditions to someone, use VEVO .